Re: Heroquesting to travel

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_EgGXHq0iQYrSgYLBYHEQvXkY__pncbBtVS9pcxyNbkvtYb01MyR7rRF39614lDujp>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:05:58 -0700

YGWV On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_MJRyKVDk8OeTil3lGlvIuWOhlG-fpvcn3drTMnA5ncB38nrjfs959f_O42vTKzKLQZVFskqeQzFbQXFCQuN8ULWOEwU.yahoo.invalid>wrote:

> I know that Arcane Lore is not all 'true' but there is a section on Magic
> Roads on p.13.

Is there more than one edition of this? I don't see it on page 13.

> A small extract as a reminder:
>
> "To use these roads the characters skip in and out of the mundane and
> physical planes..."
>
> And I guess this might be what people are looking for. In Wyrm's Past there
> was a description of characters using the Storm Bull Path for emergency
> travel, which I guess reflects an event in your own campaign.
>
> Something since discarded?

Yes. Or else perhaps it was an early stage of developing that form of travel.

Naturally I used my campaign as testing ground for things, and the tests did not always come out positive.

Of all the Unfinished Works, or rather, Pre-Finished Works, or I mean the Stafford Library as they are now called, Arcane Lore is the one with the most speculative, incorrect and wrong data.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer