Re: How common is powerful magic?

From: David Dunham <david_at_dvSYqAylVwwQhqOi1H1rw8TzUyW8l4nO3cgxU4w-L4lWJXIO5ZNmw8dKS_VVm7st5IAtoQ>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:53:03 -0700

Adept

>I just started to wonder
>if _every_ adult heortling (for the usual value of every) really has
>17+ in three runes, and most of the males have the storm rune.

[Disclaimer: the rules have not yet been published.]

You start with one rune at 17, so no. Most males do have the Storm rune -- it explains why they are more emotional than most Heortling women who, having the Earth rune, are more grounded.

>If I understood things correctly, that means that every Swen, Jürgen
>and Harald can throw lightning bolts and call down winds.

You need to have a mastery in an affinity to use it for direct effects.

So perhaps most PCs will, but most Heortling males won't.

--

David Dunham