Re: How common is powerful magic? [was: New One Man and...]

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_4VopLGRxHBjSR3UxdkZZZEmK7bQD2TAD8INVELQIhFZdNV5a5LH8hVswFd821OPbgLxZ>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 18:18:31 -0000

> The podcast really did sound like the new version would be good for
> portraying Glorantha like Greg writes of it. I just started to wonder
> if _every_ adult heortling (for the usual value of every) really has
> 17+ in three runes, and most of the males have the storm rune.

17+ in one of three runes (the other two at 13+). And for male Orlanthi, one is normally the Air Rune.

> If I understood things correctly, that means that every Swen, Jürgen
> and Harald can throw lightning bolts and call down winds.

Not necessarily. It means every Orlanth initiate (someone with Air, Movement or Mastery of at least 1W) will be able to summon Air magic at their Air rune rating. If the rating is low, the effect will likely be something like the old disruption spell or even weaker.

If they aren't an initiate of Orlanth, they will not be able to do that.

Jeff