Re: How common is powerful magic?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_Z9_RfoWa2iFZEPw_P3tRAMJo60oUE1VN6EXrpKBRRuTi1876StoaxHG1Aa8eDPKgDuRK>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 07:17:51 -0000

> Thanks David, I indeed missed that detail. So once again most people
> won't actually be initiated to a god or goddess then?

Most people will be initiated to the pantheon - which allows them to use their affinities indirectly (like HQ1 initiates). Those who specialize in a specific god can use their affinities directly. And those who are devoted to specific gods can reenact the feats of their gods.

> I look forward to seeing how one sacrifices for one off uses of
> magic... like people sacrificing to Humakt before a battle for a
> truesword, or a traveller sacrificing to Issaries before setting forth.

That's how you do it.

Jeff