Re: New One Man and His Dice podcast is up!

From: David Dunham <david_at_rqsbJFsldLAsu4U3VLs_sSefyOTRzbTNKtuv06ppT3bi7TmwI88b_jvPaU3i_7TPJ9Gtca>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:06:57 -0700

> > > Not my responsibility of course, but the +6 seems like an arbitary
> > > number to remember,
>>
> > At the very least it could be +7, six is so Dara Happan.
>
>+5 would be more Orlanthi (the five Orlanthi souls). But +6 it is.

Uh guys, HeroQuest is a generic rules system. Its values need to not only work with any setting, but have reasonable statistical properties.

+6 has the amazing property that it is exactly twice +3, which is another standard bonus bonus (also used when dealing with broad and specific abilities).

--

David Dunham