Re: Demonization and Inclusiveness

From: Terra Incognita <inarsus-ferilt_at_-oPBG0pHm8IqSwGbhLZoeSh1DyV4VPIMDZOutaeWUigZLaY9dRCDfsuDK45HB>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 23:03:51 +0900

Thank you for your teaching, Joerg.

Me:
>> (IIRC, Greg didn't teach us whether Demonization is unique act of
>> Wizardry Society, or not. I am not sure who demonized Spolites.)

Joerg:
>Everybody who had to live under them. Basically, the Spolites did it
>themselves, associating with beings everybody would call demons.

In recent thread about Seshnela and Monotheism, Greg put some about the term "demonization" with special meaning.
Of course, Spolites were hated and treated as evil from neighborhoods.

But in other words, I am not sure such total condemnation to enemy is required / used by polytheists of Glorantha like Orlanthi, such absolute concept of Good/Evil is something closer to monotheistic idea, in my personal view.

Joerg:
>The Entekosiad shows a sequence of dominant cultures in Pelanda, which
>could have been experienced by indigenous cultural memory due to the
>generally inclusive nature of the Pelandans. All of those cycles
>correspond to certain Ages of the World, which appear to defy the
>simultanity of myths postulated in another recent thread.

I assume this is Lunar Way, inclusive to contradictions. I am not sure such inclusiveness to inconsistency (and illumination) is derived from Pelandan Culture.

Sincerely:
TI