Re: An observation about Yinkin

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_W5y0KXzv0LSKmM4MrdQCvv7oIlSvsPtj_LL32AHJt2oPn5dDAxHV7UprCGyw-_d6QTa>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 17:17:22 -0000

Naturally I forgot to mention that what inspired my musings were the comments in the HQ2 themed podcast where Yinkin was very pointedly referred to as The _Tom_cat, with no reference or thought to female worshippers.

I find it rather tragic that people assume victorian/modern puritan morals where promiscuity is a sin and unwed children a problem. I don't think the culture books like Thunder Rebels portray things like this, but rather go more to the Icelandic (even modern icelandic thankfully) model where unwed children are no different than any other.

Heortlings are easy about sex and sexuality. Real world humans used to be pretty easy about such things too. Lucky for me I live here in the frozen north where things are not terribly repressed (we need to stay worm obviously),

  -Adept, Finland