Re: An observation about Yinkin

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_mSvLEgrnj7j5XgyDHdbHfAKy6Ww8N-HZrPjpN5LVVVaVRgfGLM95yKmxFYmLeb>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:57:26 -0800

Just to clarify:
It's more challenging to get a sex partner while you are currently pregnant. Even when you have an ongoing sex partner, there are still challenges. Ask any mother. That was the issue I was referring to when I said that being pregnant affects your ability to continuously be lascivious. Not the child that follows.

Also, I was not referring to the idea of sin or morality when I pointed out that available sex partners (female Yinkinings) can affect the motivation and incentives for men regarding marriage. Take the South Pacific Islands, were some cultures are renown for promiscuity and group-rearing of their children. The woman following their traditional roles (non-Yinkinings) take note of that and it's sure to affect their behavior as well.

Example: It's hard to be close friends with your Yinkining sister if she is flirting or sleeping with the man you are hoping to draw into marriage. Perhaps a request to your mother asking for a reining in of your sister's behavior might be called for? Or asking father to send her on a long hunting trip?

And while sexual infidelity is accepted by the Orlanthi, according to Thunder Rebels (I think that's the right reference), it is still a grounds for divorce. In fact, devotion to aspects of Orlanth that expect promiscuous behavior alone is grounds for immediate divorce, before such behavior has begun.

Question for extra credit: What happens when a society with strict sexual morals (Dara Happa or England) sends a military force to explore or occupy a land with much more free sexual morals (Sartar or Fiji)? Mutiny on the Bounty?

--Todd Gardiner