Re: An observation about Yinkin

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_PUe_P0a0rR0ZjhWRUhQJtDVtGHPvTSgdBBx6eostkJfG8u7YxKPnXdctfJgjG-IO027>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 18:14:02 -0000

Adept:
> Still not quite. Promiscuity and sex without marriage is not frowned
> upon, but the marrige bond is sacred to the heortlings. No sleeping
> around when married,

I never bought into this, really.

The Orlanth-Ernalda bond is the major marriage model, but even that wasn't unbreakable. Orlanth had his fair share of concubines and Ernalda had her fair share of husband protectors/lovers.

Having said that, there may well be cultural taboos that operate beside religious ones. But the idea that the Heortling marriages are stricter than other ones doesn't ring true to me. Compared to Yelmalian and Dara Happan marriages, Heortling ones seem mild to me.

See Ya

Simon