Re: Lunar element's relation to others, especially Storm

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_GSgBsH278w6B3ik5WZ88KcxP8_aoXJvcSeoqMMKmLZvlV0MfzxENj4aZHJulWce1KV>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:25:33 +1100

Hi Richard,

2008/11/11 Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_xjkIqhecKklRTF8zRjQ50MbuOHwDM6G40QwS47pH_zJTzt0X_r6cYrV75LYhg9qfLnENyxRdUTtHHEKsLnheAx-SfPgM.yahoo.invalid>:
> The idea that the Moon Rune is a Condition Rune rather than a true Elemental
> Rune is at least as old as the introduction to the Runes in 2nd edition RQ.

That's also good to know, although seeing that I am about as old as RQ2 (1980 right?) and I came in with Hero Wars I wasn't even remotely aware of this. :)

I think that making the Moon Rune a Condition Rune does indeed stress the difference as you note in your post. Perhaps the Moon is something you become rather than something that just is. I think this fits well into Lunar stories about the Moon's return too.

Cheers,

--
John Machin