Re: model village Glorantha

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_oKc5gO7QFflHZ4yQTwEAjuQ0xUHjsJvz6-bwvzqkFnGDHeYuA86g9Sxyst8u3FRBNK>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:33:36 +0100

I would like to see a 3D model of the (flat) world of glorantha as a whole (otr at least for Genertela).

I think it would e very enlightning to see all the mountains compared in size with each other in 3D.

Cheers

André

I visited one of those model villages last year and ever since have had visions of a model village of somewhere in Glorantha. I did think that the Big Rubble would be possible in, say 1:72 scale, given a large enough field. I do not have a large enough field, nor any money, nor much model making ability, so as a project it is likely to remain a dream. Recent mentions of the Puzzle Canal reminded me of the idea, so I checked out the dimensions of just the Puzzle Canal. Wow! It's really big. I don't think I had realised before how large the Canal is. A 1:72 scale reconstruction would be an impressive water feature in the garden. Escpecially if one could rearrange the canals each sacred time.

Hypothetical question for the World of Glorantha. Given space, money and funds, what would you make for a Gloranthan model village?

Keith