Re: R: Re: Lunar element's relation to others, especially Storm

From: donald_at_zZ_TrdwYDZwzrv0ve55609Pt-byYo4TbVxbXyQCfyzsXamJyTXDa2BbbnEMP8k_VZECsK
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 02:26:39 GMT

In message <b22cfc220812091450o5a53378au4582296625b12a7b_at_y6iuJcfTPtaFBQJx5ISQhaK5mSUd_9OCTEU-F8gsW8r8hbz5hHGzc-loOd0-Xp61YvtWviOJpaeivu4SmYMs5k6gSRjCFMJphPEaPrGHNF7_hvIJcOdFC8uuipFx-5i584k.yahoo.invalid> "Todd Gardiner" writes:

>I think that Lunes originally had a madness attack because the moon
>is associated with madness in the real world. Just as darkness is
>associated with fear.
>In game terms, RQ wanted to make some mechanism by which these
>elementals could effect the players.
>
>However, now, we accept the madness attack and make justifications
>as to why this is the case. Certainly all of the lunar mysticism
>that has been "discovered" since Lunes were given stats in RQ gives
>a lot of justification for this power remaining in the Lune's
>description.
>
>I'd like to see something about how Lunar elementals are different
>than Lunar daimones are different than Lunar spirits, as per the
>Elemental box text an Anaxial's Roster.

I'm not sure what more you want to see. You can easily add the line:

Moon Lune Vecors Madness Spirit

to the table at the bottom of page 203. The descriptions of those beings appear on pages 246, 247 & 248.

According to ILH2 Lunar elementals have more varied abilities than listed in AR. The madness effect may just be an additional byproduct of the lunar magic.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/