Re: model village Glorantha

From: David Dunham <david_at_UsjpjodHGBteREVzpaJowc-4huEU6T_knfVPIyFilTQx7a3QdWk1UHV8Sg2-5L8Czlu1NZ>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:51:27 -0800

Greg

>I do not have any desire to step upon any amateur effort, but I would like
>to share the fact that there is is likely to be a professional visualization
>of Glorantha available in a couple of years.

Good news!

I have no knowledge of this project, but I do know something about computer game development. So two things of possible relevance to fans:

  1. Many computer games never get completed.
  2. A computer game has different needs from an RPG. A map created for a computer game may not be as useful as you'd hope.

So this just reiterates Greg's point: if you want to model Pavis, don't let this news stop you. (Me, I'd take a look at Google's SketchUp and not VRML, but then I haven't paid much attention to either.)

--

David Dunham     A Sharp, LLC
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com