Re: Lunarised Sartarites and Lunarised Tarshites

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_TXQaoGo27EP_H3bUM3vSG-HYcyUX9w7j83e4MOGy-2jN-BXXAF-VScD9T2dR>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:27:42 +0000 (GMT)

Following on from John's mail, how do Clan and Tribal Rings function in Lunar Tarsh, where many people are said to be "Orlanthi without Orlanth", and where the Empire has had a bit longer to get its feet under the table?.

We know that  many farmers have used the cult of Barntar as a (permitted) Orlanth substitute, but what do the people who sit on the Clan/Tribal Councils do?

Many thanks,

Richard Hayes

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_b7ePBAal4cMLddpy_AU0Iuu3c-IszFh_f9xSur2B5TXxGqqmi2c4PlNeFqYwHHnBnKhjmjr10j6YZa4.yahoo.invalid> Subject: Lunarised Sartarites
To: "World of Glorantha Group" <WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com> Date: Monday, 15 December, 2008, 12:22 AM

Hi all,

I've been playing a game involving Lunars and people slowing converting to the Lunar Way that has recently moved to Dragon Pass. In typical fashion they are getting tied up in local issues and as a consequence I've been trying to find out about the politics of Lunarised clans/tribes in Dragon Pass.

First, I've been curious about whether there are any alternatives to Orlanth
for male leaders? Elmal seems likely and I have read about Humakti leaders, but are there any Lunar immortals that male leaders can worship in order to gain authority-magic? I'm particularly interested in immortals that may appeal to Lunarised Sartarites.

Second, what do Lunarised clan and tribal rings look like? The examples of rings in Barbarian Adventures (thanks John H.!) all involve Orlanth and Storm Tribe deities - I had wondered if anyone had come up with a ring that mixed immortals and deities - and maybe some myths to back it up? We have a foreign (Holayan) Earth Queen priestess in our game who is looking into new clan and tribal rites to create chieftains and kings, but I'd like to know if anyone has tread this ground before.

Third, how closely linked to Orlanth is the figure of Sartar? Would Lunars try and co-opt him in some way? Could they?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

--
John Machin