"Why do we sleep?" stories and myths

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_WqMJQL8XkGNPxeiA2uatfijuhCVzBxej9_PXxvdKUrqiHTkCdtP15Jl1vB5Gd1>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:43:55 -0800

Have any myths been created on basic subjects, such as "Why do we sleep?" I know that death has been (more or less) covered by the stories of various cultures; often having to do with the Compromise and/or the end of the Greater Darkness. And answers for why cultures are shaped the way they are often have to do with learning to survive during the Greater Darkness. But other basic facts (why do we procreate? what is sex for? why do we age as we get older? how did George W. Bush get elected?) are barely touched upon in the books I've read.

Could someone point to a good source of these myths for any culture. Especially Praxians and Orlanthi. Or should we start creating these as a group?

--Todd