Re: Heroquests for the Unholy Trio

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_HnT_7XoFVWAANGtnDYA7yGrRGE0JY-QG1DQCD97p-hGVbx4VbKBfu0Vok-zgoAd>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:10:20 +1100

>Oh, and I've found NOTHING to do with HQ's for Malia.
Peter:
Which is pretty much what it should be because Malia isn't a heroic cult. Malians exist to spread diseases and collect health insurance. The Goddess has no real need of Heroes.

There are incredibly nasty Malian cultists wandering about but they exist solely at the whim of their goddess and ultimately they will catch something that will cause them to expire horribly.

I agree that Malia isn't an heroic cult, but it depends to some extent how one defines ones heroes. The cult could view those nasty cultists who die horribly and become Spirits of Disease as heroes. It seems to me that inventing a new malady would be a Maliant thing to do.

Malia (and Thed and Ragnaglar) are mostly going to be opponents in other peoples myths. I imagine Malia being in the most, and easiest to invent. I think one could imagine a few heroic Malia stories - from the invention of plagues to minor but persistent infections, chronic diseases, incurable conditions. There are plenty of TV shows (eg. House) that highlight interesting medical cases that could be swiped and modified for an interesting Gloranthan version.

Keith