Re: From where is Kero Fin visible?

From: David Dunham <david_at_mZrkbiiFJJpH6BWVd4Z3Qf8XshNnE-lt-ISP-laPfwrkzGsKLKTrMlJ8ySxDXjwQ_TMO1F>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:55:07 -0800

>Does anybody have an opinion about whether a person standing on a
>prominent spot in Wenelia can, on a clear day and with the naked eye,
>see Kero Fin across the expanse of Esrolia or (if it were far enough
>west) over the Skyreach Mountains or Halikiv?

I have seen Mt Rainier from about 200 miles away, peeking up over the Cascades.

When we did King of Dragon Pass, the art direction for Kero Fin was "Mt Rainier, plus another mountain of equal height on top." I think there's a good chance you could sometimes see Kero Fin from some places in Wenelia.

More likely it's blocked by the Mislari in Ralios. Though probably visible from the air.

Note that visibility doesn't seem to be the only criteria -- don't the Talastari go to Top of the World as well?

--

David Dunham