Re: Heroquests for the Unholy Trio

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_oEFDcEgON9ImE5oSM3W2JQLpdIb1DrquATdQTTMlDr9y7Y0Z2EChuDMrLWNyhp49f7Z>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:44:45 +1300

At 12:03 p.m. 22/12/2008, you wrote:
>Jeff Richard wrote:
> > For what it is worth, I do not think that Chaos does not need
> > heroquests or even worship.
>
>Worshipping Chaos has to have some effect, otherwise why do people
>keep doing so?

The two statements aren't contradictory. That chaos can provide X for Y does not mean that chaos requires Y.

> > Worshipping Ragnaglar and Wakboth is magically pointless (except
> > perhaps as a way of weakening the world). The broo worship Thed
> > because she is their ancestor and many people offer sacrifices to
> > Mallia to keep her away.

>Just because something is ultimately pointless doesn't mean that it
>might not be useful at times.

"magically" is not the same thing as "ultimately".

>The use of Mallia as a weapon of war (that could also turn around and
>devour you), was established in Nomad Gods.

Except that Jeff only described the worship of Ragnaglar and Wakboth as magically pointless. He didn't say it of Malia or Thed.

--Peter Metcalfe