The Unholy Trio: Rephrasing the Question

From: pentallion <pentallion_at_VDbQh_BAbz3MPAP5lsAc5XfYOtVG3IHhwDV7BPYWhaRrw4KsXnGNNv8K41vgSuOks>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 15:48:56 -0000

Well, for some reason, the original topic is sidetracking constantly into woulda, coulda, shoulda territory, ignoring completely the original premise that "they DID." So in order to try to get people's minds wandering in the direction I'd hoped they go when I first posted, I'm rephrasing the question so that maybe I can eke out more useful ideas. Not that I didn't get lots of ideas, thanks everyone and I don't mean to seem unappreciative, but I think there's more to be had.

So here's the question: Given that everyone in Glorantha "earned" their place to be there, even the broos, even the Malians, what where some of the things that the Malians and Theddites did to earn their places in the world?

If you turn to the Orlanthi/Malkioni/name your cult myths of how THEY survived those times, the Theddites and Malians are always the bad guys and losers. But we know that's not true, since they , too, earned their places in the world.

So there must be Malian myths and Theddic myths wherein those Gods had their little victories, enough to secure their places. Anyone know of any or have good ideas of what these would be?