Re: The Unholy Trio: Rephrasing the Question

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_TNIqrFGWwqhm2WkK_0AMNO59Kmy35-_LUWPrYvbeCeIysvuPC9SA3CEIQKJ938419EQl4o2T>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 22:49:32 +0000

"Keith Nellist" <keithnellist_at_OB_leJX4ujT125Qsoa5kXY2vBog-Cqzattqec69HfTo8aReNyb5Crm1ywi_9rANuCmf3jkdgnbJDlVOEJt6vGY6V.yahoo.invalid> writes:

>It is worth thinking that Malia doesn't really want to cause death.
>She wants to cause suffering - prolonged, slow, agonising, avoidance
>of death.

Hence my suggestion that her acquisition of death represents a *failure* on her part. She was tricked, or defeated, or something, and acquired the power of death without meaning to. Like Yelmalions at the Hill of Gold, this is a heroquest that Malian heroes must "lose" in order to succeed at. Given Greg's earlier words, I suspect all the Unholy Trio's major quests will actually be like this.

Stephen