Re: The Unholy Trio: Rephrasing the Question

From: David Dunham <david_at__xsCti0dCmUq99Fcw3FJF_6IWZfKWSEwHRcZDOVLoh-c9FFFGwQT5OCuQa7zL7ahehJiGS>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:11:14 -0800

I've not been paying too much attention to the discussion, but one idea came to me today:

Chaos is about ignoring reasonable (or necessary) limits. A disease (at least when viewed as an Earthly pathogen) is a bad guest, and damages its host (to the point where it can risk its own survival if it's too virulent). Sex and fertility are good? Well then more is better! Even if the participant is unwilling, even if he is not equipped to give birth more than once (again, fatality to the host isn't really in the long-term interest of Thed but why let that stop us?).

If you're trying to come up with a way to glorify this, it's about transcending limits. Disease finds a way to thrive even in the face of hostile antibodies. Thed can make ANYONE give birth.

Really though I don't think it's the same as when a more heroic entity like Orlanth or Sedenya transcends limits.

--

David Dunham