Re: Common Magic

From: L C <lightcastle_at_Bn9GgnORuHimzYlw0D9zJUlbrus_CnvZKKSqV82C_zqzzIiRo8kBdJWf-mW1lbTb>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:52:52 -0500

Todd Gardiner wrote:

> I think you have one part of that wrong. Common magic consists of:
> Charms someone else gave to you
> Spells that someone else created and told you about
> Innate magical abilities (not Rune Affinities) that you are born with
>
> These are all specific abilities (unlike the General Ability of a rune
> affinity). I don't recall if you can only augment with them or if you use
> them as abilities.

So in Sartar you don't have three runes you have affinities? They already changed that from the HQ2 book? You have innate magical abilities instead?
That's... unexpected.

I don't know if HQ2 does the "you can only augment" rule or it has moved it to credibility test of "you can't do anything extraordinary and they must be mitigated through a mundane ability".