RE: Flat Glorantha

From: Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_yRi1VJE9Go1mdSY84KY7oHz8z3KtLRqefNbcL_-oUQ9Y85_-qWggcu2Sl6sKes2dxOp>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 13:41:38 +0800

David

I'm really just trying to work out Dwarves. Just read Mongoose Mostali and I still keep getting the impression that there IS machinery under the earth
(lots of connecting gears a la "Mechanus" of LN D&D cosmology fame) that the
Dwarves repair. Why can they not be a shy/reserved/taciturn elder race that like searching for precious metals and gems who all* like to then sit deep underground and ignore everbody else. Those other 15% being the only ones the surface world ever meets. Let's face it if the Dwarves ever got their act together, with their 17th Century military hardware and sorcerous silver dwarf backup, they could conquer the world.

Aside from that, why don't dwarves tunnel into some of the true dragons in dragon pass and kill them. Or tunnel near them and detonate megatons of blackpowder simultaneously - evidently this is what happened at Zistor. Or are the dragons part of the world machine. If this is the case why are dwarves not allied to dragonewts? They have been on separate sides of the fence since before time.

If Magasta's pool is a meteorite puncture then I think those poor Waertagi aren't coming back any time soon.

Aside from this

Reading thru Book of Sartar I found that many lines that pulled me into Glorantha missing. Any chance these could be put in? RQIII - Gods of Glorantha shame on you.

For example:- "Foul slime, curse of existence.**

Come on has anybody NOT used these immortal lines? If you cannot speak the rest by rote you should hang you head. If you have never heard of it, then the BoS needs to include it.

And what about:-

"Socially they are unacceptable. They characteristically act with total disregard for any tribal taboos or manners, even to the extent of occasional murders which will go un-avenged. Normal people consider them mindless brutes, barely human, certainly deranged, and absolutely dangerous. These opinions are correct."

And

"The only respect a Rune Lord of Stormbull owes is to his God, the Priest who initiated him, his High Priest, if any, and whoever can best him in battle. He owes obedience only to his God."

Explains a lot about poor old Hofstaring Treeleaper?

Has anybody else got any other classic quotes?

Cheers

Sean

From: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com [mailto:WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Scott

I like this. Glorantha is one of the maps in the great ocean and all magic is caused by high high tech. Magasta's pool is a meteorite puncture. Can you explain the sky for me?