Re: Status of Mongoose RQ publications' Glorantha content

From: jeffkyer <jakyer_at_agy_uVjtb0l4B91omDzfPSMC07qL0j6rHhDmHTULuigX87_H6Dr3_WYgIeJJjjc3KbAqK>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 21:08:45 -0000

a comment or two

> and I note that the MRQ description of grain goddesses said that the grain goddeses associated with rice were Krala and Slonta, whereas Pelora's crop was wheat?)

That is from notes by Greg and others on the grain goddess - I do not recall if the article on them appeared in Cults or not. Slonta being associated with rice dates from 2nd age. It is important to note that Slonta and Wenela were the subjects of the Goddess Switch and the damage is present in 3rd Age Wenelia where the uplands grain goddess is associated with rice while the coastal lowlands are associated with bulgar wheat (very much a highland grain). At least, that is how it looks from the point of view of the Trader Princes and the hapless people of those lands.

> There may well be others. I've not gone looking for inconsistencies to make a point here-- I've merely looked at what I thought was a big anomaly that I can remember off the top of my head.

I would point out that one could quite easily write an entire book on Lodril and his family. One would need to do so to cover all the bases. Writing him up in 500 words or less requires a certain amount of sacrifice.

Jeff