Being "drawn into" a Heroquest

From: Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_h-MSOoP252PA5LXIOKmUZG1vNHUxx8AR4DF3zmjRShllD0F35tZauP509erahDEqqP0>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 18:33:32 +0800

# Or the adventurers defeating their extremely powerful nemesis in an
# heroquest because the nemesis attempted it much earlier in time.
# This could even bring a plot arc. The only way at a point to defeat
# their otherwise invincible opponent is to go on a hero quest and defeat
him
# on that same quest where he gained his power.

Could the Lunars be "currently" doing this with the Pharaoh? Because of the "No time" in the Heroplane, they can go back and kill him/cause some of his previously successful Heroquests to fail and in so doing, not weaken him in the past, but weaken him (the currently dead him) now. Confusing.

I recall in some convention publications (The 1st Australia Con?) there were questions about how the GL's cut up Arkat into 7 different pieces and spread him about and presumably weakened him so that someone could not go and do a Lightbringers quest and bring him back from the dead. I assume this was similar to what is currently being done with Pharaoh. Harmast B managed to 'resurrect' Arkat as:
a) the point of the LBQ is to bring back a hero to help you (and, if needed, seems to successfully resurrect these random? Heros in the process). b) The Vampire Kings of Tanisor (?) may have killed Arkat but they didn't weaken him 'spiritually' so somebody brought him back. The GL's were not going to make that mistake.

Hmm...I wonder if the Pharaoh is/was Arkat? Arkat/Pharaoh/Elric/Corum - the eternal champion...

Sean

PS
Who pulled Talor the Laughing Warrior out of a HQ? I don't remember was it Harmast or Arkat?

PSS D&D Monster Summoning - very much a "Being 'drawn into' a Heroquest"