Re: Sartar: KoH - worship of Orlanth under occupation and Lunarized tribal king - questions

From: L C <lightcastle_at_CgQmr6HeEzw9tOfdwWrlb7NDY0QJh1ETPvfxDuhPrWs4tYeFflTfnJ1uGMVue4Uv>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 00:22:04 -0500

I always got the feeling its just too hard to shut it down blatantly at the clan level. To some degree, just being initiated as a lay member involves worship of Orlanth, so there's that. I suppose they could be cracking down on even clan chiefs, though. Also, since pretty much every male is an Orlanth initiate, maybe they just feel it would provoke too much revolt. Or maybe they think just hammering out the big political ones prevents organizing and then time will simply do the rest as Lunar clans out-compete Orlanthi ones.