Re: Sartar: KoH - why does Fazzur act this way [spoiler]

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at__l4dESNjktUS1DQLA9TeGRUeDpisVEZjIYP9_SKWiN6rhe-PiA5z0K0wnfKejB_2>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 07:40:13 -0800 (PST)

Hal asks:

> But on p. 311, Fazzur does not put Lunar officers into action to stop the heroes if they steal the hands at the banquet.
> His follow up searching is weak. What gives? What am I missing?

L C notes:
> First, on p.314 we have this "General Fazzur will not take any action
> against the heroes at this point, as he finds it useful to display Temertain’s
> powerlessness as a way of showing who the real ruler of Sartar is."

I'd supplement the explanation this: Fazzur has an awesome intelligence service that told him that they can snag the heroes and recover the hands at a later time with no problem, so he thinks that shaming Temertain is a freebie. (Bonus: add a new group of baddies with a grudge against the heroes!)

If that didn't match how I wanted to play Fazzur, then maybe it is a bad idea religiously to intervene now. Maybe he saw a bad omen, or there is some sort of geas or taboo involved, or he got a divine instruction to let it happen. (The last one means that the Red Moon goddess believes that this action is required for her further change.)

Chris Lemens