Re: Church of Ashara

From: Nicholas P <nick.the.nevermet_at_RjtHVFIdcRdn2hIsn8fGT3l0KV3sE5hl_ASE30omhHA1PuS3TzPRAWI2P_>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 18:12:31 -0000

I'll think about it. If I can come up with a coherent first post, I may.

> > Ooo... I'm now imagine the Gottis being thrown out of Dizbos and
> > a Asharan theocracy established. Such a thing would end very
> > badly but be a very interesting campaign idea.
> >

> It would be. I'd be intrigued by that. :)

Trying to iron out and elaborate the beliefs of the Asharan Church would be an extremely difficult thing to pull off, for all the reasons Jeff & Bryan have mentioned. But for that very reason, it'd be fun to see some Liturgist-Hero try to pull it off. The #1 question is how would such a person get enough resources & community support together to pull off the necessary Heroquests? The Trader Princes would probably view such a thing as a threat to their temporal power, but they'd probably take the necessary resources with them if their political structure totally collapsed. This leaves a VERY narrow band between the two which would allow for an attempt.

Nick the Nevermet