Re: Status of Mongoose RQ publications' Glorantha content

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_8spEzQclPr9-WcvIbZYDjqOIoOXQGW5DE1JNiRWBO1JHNjiX3uC4O2c9ZNUiVnDnAPJxp>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:30:18 -0800

> There is a relationship between the amount of creative material being
> spawned in the fanzines and the amount of material that will appear. Fans
> so
> often complain, "feed me," and sometimes "feed me so I can do the work"
> but
> essentially, those fanzines that we all love so much were not dependent on
> official published works to keep themselves going. Many people, much
> excitement, lots of gamemasters (thank you Newt). Don't expect Jeff to
> work
> like a Mongoose slave for too long! Feed him! He's doing all the work, and
> urge everyone to just nut up and take the next step and write. If you are
> in
> college and still at the crazy energy stage, write something for
> Glorantha.
> If you are among the settled humans, present that idea that you have been
> brooding about for the last 20 years. Are you afraid of rejection? I won't
> reject it--not getting published is no rejection.

And on that subject...

I'll publish just about anything in Rule One. (Other editors might be a little more...discerning - hell, I even publish my *own* stuff!.) But there is Hearts in Glorantha, and Tradetalk if you want to be published in a "classier" rag than Rule One. So all you writers out there have plenty of places to "get published" even if it's not considered "Canon" - and who knows, someone at Moon Design or Mongoose might like it enough to *make* it canon!

Rule One Deadline - Jan 21 for issue 3...

RR