Re: Writings of Chal

From: Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_dTWWv5Lw8AdLKlvaWFLTiBsDgcnuaP0DSSazLJNahViUzVEIYPxrCmghfauZ0RLC>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:31:59 -0800 (PST)

Chal is a character who showed up between the time I read about Melib in RQ3's Genertela: Crucible of the Hero Wars, and this year when I started reading new stuff. It sounds like for some reason Sheng Seleris wiped out other path's to enlightenment, etc. but didn't wipe out the Chal approach. I have seen bits and pieces on this guy and also on his rules. What is the best source on him. Part of my reason for wanting to predate Sheng in my campaign setting (in summer? next winter??) is to avoid having the whole of society built around Chal teachings that I don't understand.