Re: Church of Ashara

From: L C <lightcastle_at_k_Cdt33LydgXTMUEnxgVEucBlQPB-VnBwigbLLEnqtSA7TPE62h_4CEqv5_CkgO_>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 01:24:19 -0500

jeffkyer wrote:

> Castelean was not even close to being in Harmast's league in that sort
> of power or ambition.

Oh, agreed. It just struck me that it works as a parallel. (Sometimes you piece together bits of myth and find out they are parts of an older and bigger story.)

> According to the stories Greg has written, Harmast didn't knowingly
> set out to tie things togther - certainly not at first.

Ah. I'm not sure where I formed the impression he did.

> I think Arkat was really the pioneer of that sort of exploratory
> mythic research but I suspect even he drew heavily on Harmast's
> experience.

Mmm... That brings up a question, since certainly Harmast did one to get Arkat. I know Arkat is considered the real pioneer there, did he start that pioneering before Harmast brought him back, or was it that experience that started him down the road of just what you COULD do if you started such things?

> Caselain had the advantage of great works already done by these two
> but was dealing with an area that had been systematically abused by
> the God Learners.

*nod*
And the good old GLs have left a lot of scarred abuse around. :)