Re: The dreaded Teshnos banana riots

From: hcarteau_at_zwPSZJKa0ZDXFbEy0caYHg5TcH9XgivUdml3XUrlZ4g_Y3zEU8C6oLfj88FmIioqLts
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:38:59 +0100

> > > Which gives a better flavour to Teshnan society? Exotic beardless
> > > dwarves wearing turbans or the standard dwarves wearing full plate and
> > > carrying firearms?
> > /// Yeah, exactly ! But why "beardless" ?

> Well, other than laziness, is there any reason people have given to have
> beards on dwarves in the first place? Maybe they are just an affectation
> of some of the more famous openhandist dwarves?

/// Yes, why not ? In fact, perhaps mostali beards are actually clip-on wigs they clip to their faces when dealing with humans because said humans react poorly to their horrible face ?

> > > The goondas are in chain-gangs because they have been bad (public
> > > drunkeness, rioting over the price of bananas etc) not because they are
> > > slaves.
> > /// "rioting over the price of bananas" ??? Love that one.
> >
> Dude, you ALWAYS riot over the price of bananas. If not, they gouge you
> with them. (That's the other thing, you have to learn how to protect
> yourself from goondas attacking you with fresh fruit.)
/// I swear if I ever send my players to Teshnos, they are going to have to deal with a goonda riot over banana quality / price. It's become one of my Glorantha must-do.

> I happen to really like the "inheriting through lives" thing because it
> strikes me as complicated and weird and mystical and can have all kinds
> of strange adventures attached to it.

///Yes, I agree. Sage pops up in a PC's life and declares he did something nasty four lives ago and the time has come to pay up, for which he must... do something interesting. Second sage comes and says no, he should do that instead. PC is terrifed of the consequences of wrong choice. Good luck ! (I do like emotionally intense games)