Re: The dreaded Teshnos banana riots

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_sfC906K42VHFYhAbk0uWCZDNOED8ZkMtqIHlXJFTYDlvsTeustk7zXLIyRe365Ac8pQ>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:05:09 +1300

Todd Gardiner wrote:
> I did not think the life-flame was a tangible, controllable thing.

> Observable within a person, yes. A physical object that is transfered from
> person to person like property, no.

> I likened it to the same spiritual force in Buddhism that gets reborn into
> new forms, without control of society, without known pattern.

The original buddhist parable which denied that the presence of karma required souls spoke of it as being like a flame transmitted from candle to candle. The Teshnans with their life-flame have simply controlled the transmigration of the flames.

Secondly what's wrong with social control over transmigration? If I take a life-flame from a funeral pyre and put it in the body of another person, why must this be impossible?

> Again, where does this assertion of yours come from?

It's been present in the first writing I made about Teshnos.

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd5/1997.11/2216.html

--Peter Metcalfe