Re: Teshnos in HW: Glorantha and HQ Voices

From: arun <keithnellist_at_k7lBllLzxycFqfUyYiY784a4N04VW9UdHnz7Gk6giM351W8_UOWubBeIF_dF2Vs>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 01:26:11 -0000

I'd just like to add that although the life flame flame poem details nice and interesting, in my opinion they should not make Teshnans inhuman, like reincarnating dragonewts. They should still be recognisable human, still act in most ways like other people and not wholly understand the mystical ramifications of their religion (apart from Zitrs, who should be weird and mystical, because they understand the mechanics).

What I am saying is that your common or garden Teshnan should not be able to calculate the debt due to his former enemy that he murdered in 3 lifetimes past, unless a Zitr works it out for him.

I would think that the many times wife thing, again, should be a lucky occurance if the ages of the couple re-align. This makes it a bit more romantic and magical (IMO) rather than people knowing that they have a reincarnated wife somewhere that they just need to track down because it is inevitable that they are destined to be together.

Keith