Re: Life flame exchanges

From: hcarteau_at_xkEBLcPW2cjab3XJiX7UDdmbknDvfwnUkC2nilPyJHeRtjrt9lDcn91CHJHXYPsaPEd
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:43:24 +0100

Selon Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_Nj31-KM0kOWAxq6EeVMYpdlEwvEQPn0L8AALGI6MK8Iv9x0tyTdSWRucNr3WmTlLLowx2OECgBn6kApnW84z2jw.yahoo.invalid>:

> This all makes me think of those causes of death that would make your
> life-flame unavailable. Any place where there are no other Teshnans to conduct
the rites. Sea travel, where the entire ship risks dying at sea. Being eaten by wild animals. And any other death in which the body is lost.

> All things to be feared more than death, I would think.

/// Yes. Dying beyond the ken of civilized Teshnos is bad news for a teshnan. He becomes a ghost or demon until some good karma-hunting priest comes to burn him free. That would be a nice story : locate and free the ghost of some important teshnan NPC. Imagine a weirdo teshnan landing in, say Fay Jee and try to recruit locals to help him find the place where some teshnan died long ago.

BTW, there is a teshnan clan living in the south of Caladraland, on the poison shore. Their ship was wrecked here a few generations ago and they settled down there. Their first Raj was named Agassi, so they're called the Agassi clan. Of course, their worship has altered a lot since then...