Eternal Romance in Teshnos

From: hcarteau_at_ZQt2AP3NkdB8sbm9WWcu_7yrxtuc8JX4FgT-ryvHdR8obVLhXR2NFuvObRsHpsNgJyQ
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:49:31 +0100

> This makes a lot of sense -- and also makes Teshnos even more mysterious to
> outsiders. "What do you mean your cousin is your daughter?"
/// Good one !

> If the age gap gets too big, might the lovers commit suicide at the same
> time? It sounds like a great romantic poem.
/// Now you're talking. The PC could either aid the attempt or do their best to stop it because they need either the guy or the gal for some other purposes, their whole clan depends on them. How do you stop people bent on committing suicide out of Love ?

> And, to extract justice, the authorities could force the flame to go into
> someone of lower caste or whatever. Surely part of a severe punishment is
> that you get demoted in caste (or worse). The ramifaction of being in the
> "wrong" caste are that you can't do many things you want or need to. Maybe
> you can't touch the kind of property you have accumulated. Or maybe you can't
> touch your wife or children because they are in different caste. Maybe you
> can't live in your house because that would pollute it spiritually.
/// That is pure sadism ! Beautiful idea. And it would make great geasa for PCs.

> If the flame goes into a cow, presumably, the family would take special care
> of the cow. ("This is my uncle. Say hello, uncle." "Mooo!" --
> Any conversation that ends with "mooo" warms my Praxian heart.)
/// You do really spend too much time roaming with the herds. "If you start placing more value on a cow's udders than on a woman's, then Eurmal will touch you soon". ;-)

> I'm thinking great romantic epics where someone sets out to find the
> long-lost flame of a loved one. And also the moral duty of the clan leader to
> find the lost flame. And how the clan leader might have to go to great
> lengths and expense to do so.

/// If there's one plot thread I seldom use, it's romance. It would be original to have a game where everything (the clan's salvation, whatever) hangs on Love and its many facets...