Unexpected development in Fay Jee

From: hcarteau_at_Gyz-zWb5AHnsi9OGW_IikY5QpSAX88tyfKgesYyYi-xsYPGDjaBEWcmyVEI7Y1KmGdP
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:24:40 +0100

Yesterday, in my Fay Jee campaign, the players went to somewhere on/near the blue moon and got visions and glimpses of what Fay Jee (the demon) truely is : a zaranistangi demigod, bound here by god-learners in the 9th century. They told it to Toread du Derysi, mentor of one of the players (a sorcerer, member of the same school) and learned even more. Now they have the beginings of an idea to free Fay Jee, as it wants to be. But : what to replace it with ??? They have no clue and it makes them nervous. Good. I love nervous players.

But the best was yet to come ! Two days after the blue moon ritual, Fay Jee got sick. There were a few hours advance warning by the Feeders, and Fay Jee went into bomb alert mode : everybody began shutting their families down at home, ashroeth bowls were lit, the smoke of sacred oils filled the streets, a thousand warding prayers went to the sky.

And then the PCs, taking part in the emergency council which was coordinating the drill, came up with an idea. They said : why don't we use the opportunity to free all the ghosts of our countrymen slain and curses by the wolf pirates (spit) three years ago ?
"Your highness, it would make House Caroman great to all communities. This is a goal on which all can agree !" and the Prince (much better now he has held Saint Caselain's shinbone, brought back by said PCs, said : go ahead. And they did. Each ran to a community and, with the Prince's full backing, pleaded for them to run not only a protection ritual, but also an exorcism to free their parents from the curse. I ran a separate contest for each of them : one went to the Ship of Life, the other to the Esrolians, another... to the rokari, etc. It worked. All communities agreed to launch the ritual at a given time.
I added pressure to pressure on insisting on the Pcs to choose the TIME when the ritual would be "unleashed". Some wanted it to go ASAP, others give it time to build up. "But will we survive long enough to see it go off???" In the end, they decided on triggering it at the end of the night. And then, as they prepared for a long night in the tower, the call for help came. They had to run outside to the cemetary, where "horrible things" were happening. They did.
Want to know what happened next ?