Re: Why is Kargzant a Spirit?

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_gWKBfoWpUueIqr7nD2X1Jd51fZGPbM643-dGAz_iIFRjf1yHFd9FNO4Z_nXqij>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:28:16 -0800

There is some discussion of what Urox is in the eyes of the Orlanthi in Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes.

In short, Orlanthi agree that the Storm Bull spirit societies are brothers in worship and Uroxi also form spirit societies among the Orlanthi on occasion.

I don't know if he is one individual that is found in both otherworlds, if one is a shadow of the other, or if he is an air spirit (or god) that is worshiped with "misapplied" worship by some. No doubt there are differing opinions on this in Glorantha.

By the way, the concept of misapplied worship has mostly been dropped. It has no game function at this time. So perhaps it is just easier to say, from a Godlearner perspective, that these powerful entities are considered "gods" or "spirits" based upon the paths to them. But clearly other perspectives say that this is not at all the case; and they can demonstrate their arguments. ;-)