Re: Why is Kargzant a Spirit?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_3NPwofMpNpiGnhnTOyWrJss9NigEmsxVp2PXmm2bwWP3oE5z2BBB3UHSfULYeDxGSR3>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:31:12 +1300

Richard Hayes wrote:

> Is there a 'god' Urox and a 'great spirit' Storm Bull, which are
> distinct and located in different realms, each of which reflect
> something fundamental about a particular kind of harsh wind/storm?

IMO yes. They are now recognized as being the same deity but back in the Good Old Days, they weren't.

> Are both Urox and Storm Bull believed to be related to Orlanth?

Urox is but the more traditional Praxians don't really believe that Storm Bull is. Mind you, the Sable tribe may also be thinking the same.

> (I
> remember it being said once before in this group that Eiritha is
> known, and acknowledged as related to Ernalda, but not worshipped in
> Sartar).

She is worshipped by the Pol Joni but cows and other beasts, the Sartarites worship Uralda.

> Following on from the idea about the separateness of the other
> worlds, where do Essence worshippers go for their otherworld
> heroquests?

The essense and heroplanes I would have thought.

--Peter Metcalfe