Re: What is disease

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_nD-zBy6nnSPQJQX0Gi4wMjQVT1DPY_Jao9Ku949LcO1gdMrPdiAmGPJGp2zwQcK0jd1>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:24:21 -0500

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_qSsQ9o7nPVUnyt4f9ACzMC9TZPrqOfRmp6IPVIQng-FIOq9OEZFbZWdNuEDGP9Ursbnm1ZDHryDDO4FBQVZi140.yahoo.invalid>wrote:

> I've been wondering for a while what is "disease".
> [snip]
>
> Comments?

I think the Gloranthan point of view has been (for quite a long time now) that some diseases are daimons, some diseases are spirits, and some diseases are essences. No disease, as far as I know, are caused by germs, bacteria, or anything "real world," although if you touch something impure and do not ritually wash your hands before entering your home to eat, you may invite a disease being into your body.If you are unlucky enough to be a theist who has encountered a disease spirit, your chances are much worse than if you had encountered a daimon.

Other than that, the general discription of each approach was pretty nice.

Peter Larsen