Re: Veneration, Sorcery, Wizardry

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_4jreb6VNR-AtiwyM2qgX33veYXh1xg8clWngG45ekiE7QIcWn8Zg9elmW866Q5QSIOh>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:05:44 +0000

hcarteau_at_E0Uvu9e2Vuf5BYllxxppifMUKikdfiKToONcXT4xZmZIiQ4bjRraM_a5KmzD6FtA6V5BiP-r.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> The zzaburi, professionnal students of the Law, do know Logical magic
> which is
> called "wizardry" if it's church-sponsored and "sorcery" if it's
> independant
> from any church. Over time, "sorcery" has become a negative term,
> designing any
> wizardry that's not OURS (from our church). It's foreign, heretic,
> unclean. I
> suspect they even call "sorcery" what we call "theism" and "animism".

I'm pretty sure that they do, yes. They will, I think, draw a distinction between "pagan sorcery" (theism/animism) and "heretical sorcery" (bad essence magic), but even then the bulk of the population probably doesn't care about the difference - they leave that to the professional scholars.
--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/