What is smoke?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_PkbybPKRi6v6tiGuK4Ahy8eMDe31dHdpIn4py053dhCcJw1glZrKD60vdAx-eFqU>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:45:50 -0800 (PST)

It struck me this morning that I don't know any myths about smoke. Putting on a God Learner's hat (which I would think is pretty funny looking), I would think that smoke is descended from Fire (of the fire variety, not the light variety) and either wood or Earth (of rht surface variety). So, I could believe that there would be a myth about the time that some fire god came to love the forest, but the forest died giving birth to his child, smoke. (I suppose that could be an Oakfed story, but we actually know that he eats forests.)

It also strikes me that smoke looks an awful lot like a cloud, which is a storm thing, and storm things are also notionally descended from a sky - earth combination. Maybe smoke is the storm descended from the lowfires? (In GL terminology, of course.)

Anyone know of any myths?

Chris Lemens