Re: Unexpected development in french Fay Jee / part deux

From: ERIC VANEL <helric_at_m52ThfXzvlknXE7iiaX6z2pJUo9T07wlBrIKSeUaA7uLvR3Hu6JZ-RHUysR3pZj0ylqaR>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:33:47 +0100

Yes yes yes I have to admit we are in the shit. But this is adventure that create opportunities. While the Ludochs take care of Rollaug the barbarian, let's have a look within Fay Jee hell...as all its dwellers are outside.

Même pas peur!

Eric alias "Uasti the Sorceress"

> "Want to know what happened next ?"
> Huzzah! More, more!

    /// Not sure what "huzzah" means ; I'll carry on though.

    The PCs ran to Bluetown were "bad things" were happening. Of course, it was by     the local cemetary, where they had to fight off ghouls, complete with live     action by ghoul spirits animating corpses of the recently slain. It didn't go     well and they were exhausted by the end of the fight. Then came my favorite     moment.

    When they turned around to go back to the tower, they saw THE ORIGINAL TOWER,     Ehilm's Tower, gradually taking substance and practically crushing everything     around with its presence. The false sun's unclean light began bathing everything     (yes I know, it was only about 5 PM but I mumbled something about "time being     warped"). The look on their faces was priceless. They started trekking back to     "their" tower, worried sick that it laid smack in them middle of the older one.

    During the walk, they encountered many ghosts, including long processions of     dronari and slaves carrying fuel for Ehilm's brazier, watched by VERY     stern-looking horali. They jumped over them, walked around them, did everything     they could to avoid them. They hesitated about taking refuge in one the city's     churches, such as the Ship of Life cathedral, but had no password to get in.     Then things got worse.

    They encountered ghosts from their own personal past. The sorcerer and volcano     warrior had raised a woman's ghost to sick her / it on her former lover to     prevent him from winning a canoe race. The trader had personally sacrificed     three slaves to the Fay Jee demon. They all came down on them (I do love     recurring NPCs, even dead ones). Said PCs went white. While the Trader managed     to out-talk his former victims, the sorcerer and volcano barbarian did burn to     "spiritual" ashes their own, giving it a parting shot to make sure it/she would     never bother them again. It was a very interesting scene, very personal.

    Horrified by all that, they decided to minimize risks, they decided to take a     boat to go to Towerburgh, reached the port and commandeered a rowboat. Halfway     to the tower, they heard a manic cackle... and saw the True Prince manifesting     above them. In my game, he IS the ghost of Caroman Jhoraz, who learned a lot     about the secrets of the False Sun (light sorcery 15M2). After some taunting, he     shot a fireball on their boat, which exploded. All PCs jumped in the drink,     expect the volcano barbarian whose player froze and who was blown to bits (major     defeat -20 to all skills). BUT the sorceress had had time to whack the water     with her paddle to call their ludoch allies for help.

    That's when we called it a day. Now I have to find a way to give them a chance     to fight the True Prince Off. I think I'll use the ludochs as "deus ex machina"     but I'd like to find an interesting idea to rescue the severly burnt barbarian.     Any ideas ?

    Yahoo! Groups Links