Re: Most Backward, Hillbilly, Isolated Clan in Sartar?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_PyEaVGLZaz0wjfwROnRE2yUWZRVsKy0XAFP1rVFBJbGUtaIFeE84aZpe4FYpWnDl_j2G>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:16:04 -0000

> > Anyone have a suggestion for where they are and which Tribe they belong to?
> /// Depends on what your campaign's main theme will be : trouble with neighbours
> or something wider-scaled ? Personally, I wouldn't use sartarites for that. I'd
> use Tarsh Exiles. Now that's a truly backward, hillbilly, violent folk. Think
> "Delivrance" with axes.

Not quite. The Tarsh Exiles are certainly violent and dangerous, but they are not removed from contact with the outside world, having strong kinship connections with much of Tarsh (they do claim to be the rightful rulers of Tarsh). The reign of Palashee is about as long ago for them as the end of WW2 is for us - there are elders that remember King Longaxe and the time when they were the rulers of Tarsh. Moreover, they live at the base of great Kerofin the most sacred mountain in the world. Pilgrims and merchants often cross through their lands. In short, the Exiles they are hardly removed from the rest of the world.

Alone, on the other hand, is exactly what the name says: Alone. Few Sartarites even know where the place is and almost nobody comes there to trade.

Jeff