Best hillbillies : tarsh exiles or alda-churi ?

From: hcarteau_at__WChkXf77im4K9O4ojltzgkHQLaXUBbAF6js7gIGmXnfr7X8eZjDxC4bQ0BO2Qd9cE_
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:41:54 +0100

> Your description makes me think of the Ulster Protestants. A strange tribe
> of people who practice strange rituals and funny dress codes which are
> clearly based on something familiar, but have gone off in their own
> direction. Fanatically loyal to something that no longer really exists.
> Honouring events and battles that the rest of us have more of less forgotten
> as though they're the most important things in the history of Europe.
> Continuing feuds against a neighbouring tribe who look more or less
> identical to outsiders.

/// It's odd you mention ulster, because Belfast and its protestant district came to my mind when I wrote this. I visited the place back in 2003 during a medical congress. To me, it felt like east Berlin (I served in west Berlin in the french army a while back) but with a huge additional dose of hatred. I'll never forget what I felt. So I'd say yes, it's a pretty good analogy with my exiles.

Of course, YGWV. Perhaps some campaign has the Exile lands pictured as a crossroad where many cultures meet, and the natives are greeting them all with equal joy. I'd be curious to hear about such a campaign though.

> I am pretty sure though that they don't eat babies though. Not even Ian
> Paisley.

/// I'm sure the ulstermen don't, but I'm pretty sure some exiles do ! Especially lunar babies.