Re: The meaning of "hillbilly"

From: damon.warr_at_6dKunCY8TavsgVRPQqm2njhCSHKO2y6VhlZromUdoWULZgq1-OjBZQPQQsqQOPTEw
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:47:48 +0000

Hi,

My first posting on the list.

Here is my 'hidden' hillbilly clan.

My HeroQuest campaign had a small rebel clan living in the area of Two Face Hills. A combination of being poor, big reliance on hunting, big score on Hate Lunars and a friendship with aldyami meant that together with an itinerant Goldentongue I could hide the clan from the Lunars.

A powerful forest spirit left there by the aldryami guards the wilds and became the clans wyter. The original wyter was lost during the Firebull rebelion. People not initiated into the clan get lost very easily. Due to the blasted nature of the geography, the clan lived in a plateau accessible by a narrow path between cliffs and would be easily defended. There is a dragonnewt city in the mountains above the clan, but no direct route.

The clan was part of the Sambari but moved after the Firebull rebellion. The clan is now unknown to the Lunars who believed was destroyed.

The Goldentonge PC travels far and wide, but calls into the clan once in a while to bring goods in.

In the end, the Sartar underground recruited them to help.

YGMV
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Cable & Wireless