Re: Sneaking into a rokari mass / reading : your opinions

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_CpPFFoV_wsnmfW531N1ClJZwpDMIW_8gsyIXchcH-2-DPMnWQUT9CuhQmq8oDFZjO4J>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:33:35 +0000

hcarteau_at_JaBshP_Gp-NRE0L1fne7QFp_R7SA5bZ0zYvJT6-aI_HBz05uVy4iMo0V0EpcyuaIQqvw2qL46w.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> > > How hard would it be for a stranger to infiltrate a rokari mass /
> reading
> > > ceremony ? Of course, he/she would be disguised, use concealment
> > > magics, etc.
> > >
> > No harder than sneaking into an Orlanthi Holy Day ritual, but not really
> > any easier, either. The bit he's going to have most trouble with, I
> > suggest, is when they all enter the Hero Plane and notice he's no longer
> > with them - unless he's invisible, or some such.
> /// Yes, that's the part I was most wondering about. But do the rokari
> workers
> enter the Heroplane during a regular mass / reading ?

I'd say they do during the regular weekly service, yes - at the very least, its a common event. Not necessarily at lesser "readings", mind you.

> > Clearly, there's going to be some contest between his disguise
> > ability/magic and the Guardian's defence or perception, and since the
> > Guardian is being backed up by the community, that's not going to be
> > easy.
> /// OK, that's step one. The infiltrator could also be backed up by
> rituals from
> the local sorcery school, which hates the rokari, to balance this.

Yes, and that might work quite well. At least sorcery-types will have a pretty good idea of how the defensive magic is going to work.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/