Re: Sneaking into a rokari mass / reading : your opinions

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_qmhVsTl046f9hucYiCG6xdp3foOZ0R0YpjnKXabHzLhXQUTqNCLzluntEYA4hfBVnH7>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:42:06 +0000

hcarteau_at_xHFOZrL7gk1ZlAsqwLoz8V0PWaYum2muw-XSrM9Y7L--FdWBCcfTz38_b3X73bUUykuVKFSs5aTT.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> > Fear ? What will the players do when it turns out that carol singing is
> > required ? When the kindly spinsters are eager to find out how good the
> > characters' singing voices are ? OMG what are the words !!??!?
> /// Even better !

FWIW, I'd imagine that the Rokari go in for something more like Gregorian chanting than the sort of cheerful stuff the Hrestoli sing.

> > Not to mention, will the PCs get the in-jokes about the local bishop
> ?, how
> > will the PCs handle being swarmed by little children and their naughty
> > behaviour ?, what will they do after they are discovered to be heathen
> > strangers, and instead of fire and brimstone they get a kindly and
> > well-meaning offer of coffee and buns with the vicar ?
> /// Now that's my absolute favourite ! "Give them the unexpected" is
> my motto. I
> just wonder how to fit this with the "fire and brimstone", as you say,
> credo and
> attitude of the rokari. Perhaps... at a reading for dronari, simple
> and honest
> men ? Far removed from the Episcope / Watcher's concerns ?

It depends how xenophobic the local congregation are. Certainly there are many fire and brimstone types in the Rokari Church, and many of them are fairly senior, but they aren't all like that. If the local vicar is more interested in gaining converts than blasting his enemies, he might well take (what appears to be) a more moderate line.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/