Re: Moonshine, booze, powzie and other potent stuff in Glorantha

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_90ap7lXmAiNjUpCfNwh1XUMC1vKPb652pvu5OdvKkKD7UVoKl3P5VYt8NqpUxu-b6-N>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:59:50 -0000

hcarteau:
> Actually I have no idea whether
> koumiss is weak or strong stuff, don't feel like trying it.

You should, it's nice. Bottled, shop-bought koumiss was "sharp", at least that's the best way I can think of describing it, not much taste, but OK. Komiss that had been taken from the mares, fermented in a vat then poured into a bottle in front of me tastes a lot different, creamy but not sour, very smooth. Neither are particularly strong, though, that's why they drink vodka as well.

Back to hillbillies ...