Sneaking into rokari ceremonies - and hearts ?

From: hcarteau_at_7XjT25gtsjIMVfGPVYiqknC-Iot6pWk3fTq7vLhe1lSylFlQl6WbqnMz-ECThLiV10X
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:23:39 +0100

(snip)
> It depends how xenophobic the local congregation are. Certainly there
> are many fire and brimstone types in the Rokari Church, and many of them
> are fairly senior, but they aren't all like that. If the local vicar is
> more interested in gaining converts than blasting his enemies, he might
> well take (what appears to be) a more moderate line.

/// Hm. You do give me food for thought. I have a pretty defined idea of the Fay Jee rokari community as bent on taking over the city. They make up under 10% of the population, though, and the Episcope cannot go for broke - yet. I see him as trying to control everyone but failing - there are many cracks in rokari society, exacerbated by the local cosmopolitan setting and the many opportunities for perdition you don't find in rural Seshnela.

Also, I never thought of the rokari as bent on proselytism. To me, they mostly want to exterminate heretics and completely ignore non-malks (pagans and heathens). But why not make them subltler, as you say ? Why not have them out to try to conquer hearts and minds ?

That would recquire a lot of rewriting of my Fay Jee, but it's part of the pleasure : reconsidering things with a fresh eye, toying with new ideas.